Effective Date: September 20, 2021
Privacy Notice Version: 1.0
Who we are
Entrée Canada Destinations Inc.
134 Abbott Street, 7th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6B 2K4 Canada
Toll Free: 1-888-999-6556
Entrée Canada Destinations Inc. (“Entrée Destinations”, “we”, “our” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your privacy by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and users of our Website (“you”);
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://entreedestinations.com (the “Website” and the features and services available from the Website, the “Services”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information, and this policy does not impose any limits on the collection, use or disclosure of such non-personal information by us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, using, disclosing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using the Website, you indicate that you understand and consent to the practices described in this policy.
- Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
We collect the following information about you and/or from you: (a) information that you voluntarily submit to us; (b) technical information automatically collected from all visitors to our Website; (c) information we collect through our Services; and (d) information we collect from third party sources.
User-Supplied Information. We may collect certain information about you (for example, name, e-mail address, telephone number and user name) when you choose to provide such information via our Website, including when you send us an email, complete a contact form or trip planning form, submit a guest information form or sign-up to receive our email newsletters.
Cookies store information about your activities on a website or other platform. For example, cookies can store your session information for easy sign-in to a website or other platform you have previously visited. They enable us to make your use of our Website and Services more enjoyable and to improve the functionality of the Service.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are used for the sole purpose of either (i) carrying out a transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or (ii) to allow the provider of an information society service to provide such service as explicitly requested by you.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Such cookies are only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Social media cookies – These cookies are used based on social connect functionalities or when you make use of a social media add on button (e.g. clicking on the ‘Like’ icon on a webpage)
- Advertising cookies – These cookies collect information about web browsing activity in order to inform advertising networks about website traffic in order to provide targeted advertisements based on previous browsing activity.
Some of the above cookies are “first party cookies” and some are “third party cookies”. Whether a cookie is considered as a ‘first’ or ‘third party’ cookie refers to the domain placing the cookie. First party cookies are those cookies set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g. cookies placed by “www.entreedestinations.com”). Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
Further, some of the cookies that we use are “session cookies” and some are “persistent cookies”. Session cookies allow website operators to link your actions during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies on the other hand are cookies which remain on your device for the period of time specified in the cookie. We use both session and persistent cookies.
Our Website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our Website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with PD. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. For more information on how Google collects and processes your information, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Use of Collected Information
We use personal information to establish and enhance our relationship with you. We may use personal information (a) to operate, provide, improve, and maintain our Website; (b) to prevent abusive and fraudulent use of our Website; (c) to personalize and display content on our Website; (d) where permitted by applicable law, to send you information, including via email, about our products and services in which we believe you may be interested; (e) to respond to your inquiries and for other customer service purposes; (f) to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services that we offer; (g) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; (h) for other administrative and internal business purposes; and (i) for any other purposes with your consent.
For information that is automatically collected through our Website (as described above), we use such passively collected information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit our Website; (b) monitor aggregate website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; (c) determine the popularity of the contents on our Website; and (d) analyze site traffic and trends, and generally understand the online behaviours and interests of users who interact with our Services.
When your personal information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by applicable law.
- Disclosure of Collected Information
We do not sell or rent email addresses and other personal information that we collect directly through our Website. Please be aware, however, that any information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of our Website, or on any Service, becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
We may disclose your information, including personal information, as follows:
- in accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers and users is among the assets transferred;
- to contractors, service providers (including payment processors and facilitators), and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Services improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law;
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Entrée Destinations, our customers or others (including exchanging information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction); and
- for other purpose with your consent.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information about our users with our partners, the press and other third parties in order to demonstrate usage of the Service, identify industry and advertising trends, to generate publicity for our products and services, and for other business purposes of Entrée Destinations.
We will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information except where we are authorized or required by applicable law to do so without consent.
Consent may express or implied and may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify us that you do not wish your personal information collected, used and/or disclosed for optional purposes following reasonable notice to you) or otherwise.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, provided reasonable written notice of withdrawal of consent is given by you to us. Withdrawing your consent may result in our inability to provide certain products or services for which the delivery of that information is a prerequisite.
- Retention of Information Collected
We will destroy or make anonymous documents or other records containing personal information as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the original purpose is no longer being served by retention of the information and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will take due care when destroying personal information so as to prevent unauthorized access to such information.
The security of your information is important to us, including, but not limited to, the personal information collected via our Website and Services. We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control, both during the transmission and once we receive it. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption.
Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our Website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Website. If a security systems breach occurs, we may post a notice on our homepage (www.entreedestinations.com) or elsewhere on our Website and/or may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us.
- Accuracy of Information Collected
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete. We will rely on you to ensure that certain information, such as your address, e-mail address or telephone number, is current, complete and accurate.
If you notify us of any inaccuracy or incompleteness of your personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
- Access of Information Collected
You have a right to access your personal information held by us.
Upon written request and authentication of identity, we will provide you with personal information under our control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom such information has been disclosed.
We may charge a reasonable fee for providing personal information in response to an access request and will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving a written access to personal information request.
We will make personal information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information.
Where an access request is refused in whole or in part, we will notify you in writing, giving the reason for refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.
- Transfer of Information Collected
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage and/or processing.
- Third Party Materials
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for minors under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of the features on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- Contact Information
Entrée Canada Destinations Inc.
134 Abbott Street, 7th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6B 2K4 Canada
Toll Free: 1-888-999-6556